Windows Defender detects my scripts as “HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS”

Posted by in Microsoft Software Products | Last updated on

Based on testing on some Windows devices, I have just relized that Microsoft disallowed to use KMS scripts in the recent update. To reconfirm this, I uploaded a batch script file to VirusTotal and here is the result.

There is no offical reason or notification and it just was a quiet event. I think many you guys here were surprised, even shocked as soon as you heard this news. However, Microsoft’s move this time is easy to understand.

1. Batch script is not recommended anymore

KMS commands are developed by Microsoft but the batch scripts are not. They are just contain a batch of KMS commands and written by individuals like me. My purpose of creating the scripts is help you guys save your time instead of running all commands, one by one in the command prompt or Windows power shell. But this method has never been treated as an official method because opening batch file with admin rights is not recommended by Microsoft. For example, if the author inserts the command formatting disk into the script, all you data will be lost.

2. Batch script is used to fleece others

As you know, my Paypal accounts has been limited permanently because many people reported me to Paypal and said that I had sold them fake product keys on eBay. Someone has used my name to create an online shop and sell all my scripts. He told buyers a brazen lie that the scripts he sold is the new generation of digital license. It goes without saying people who are willing to spend a few dozen of dollars to order them have never known my site and my work. And they are willing to report the author of the scripts too when they realized the truth without finding out carefully. 🙁

The move of Microsoft will clear all opportunists and swindlers and I’m all for it. I will replace the KMS scripts from all my posts with the manual method in the coming time. Finally, I would like to thank you guys for always standing by my side. Your support and your encouragement mean a lot to me. It only remains for me to thank.

For faster support, please visit here for troubleshooting.
Need more help? Please email me at msguides.com@gmail.com

123 thoughts on “Windows Defender detects my scripts as “HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS”

1. Zams

Double click windows defender>under virus & threat protection settings ‘manage settings’>real-time protection ‘off’ position. This will disable windows defender and you would be able to create the batch file and run it as usual. Remeber when you switch back on real-time protection it will detect and delete the file.

2. Bankie

Guang I can’t thank you enough for this. With the hardship my family and I face, you have no idea how much help you work has given us. There was just no other way of obtaining these resources until I found you. When our troubles are over, I shall find your page again and donate.

3. Iyaad

It’s show office 2016 after activating what should I do . Should I sign out of my account which does not have office 365 subscription to access it?

4. bino

Bat can’t contain the kms address, so defender will detect, my solution was:

set VAR1=kms7
    set VAR2=.msg
    set VAR3=uides.
    set VAR4=com
    set VAR=%VAR1%%VAR2%%VAR3%%VAR4%

then cscript C:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /skms %VAR%

5. Richard

Final line does not work (10+ attempts) for me.. Any ideas on that?
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16>cscript ospp.vbs /act
    Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.812
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

—Processing————————–
    —————————————
    Installed product key detected – attempting to activate the following product:
    SKU ID: 85dd8b5f-eaa4-4af3-a628-cce9e77c9a03
    LICENSE NAME: Office 19, Office19ProPlus2019VL_KMS_Client_AE edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 19, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: 6MWKP
    ERROR CODE: 0x80080005
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: Run the following: cscript ospp.vbs /ddescr:0x80080005
    —————————————
    —————————————
    —Exiting—————————–
    Regards,
    Richard

1. Kwong

Update error with a code 0x80080005 is a Windows 10 update error.

Scan you PC, fix any problem first, before try KMS activation again.

6. Brent J. Gaddy

so how to i go about letting it through, just click allow? cause your batch file has worked on other computers of mine

7. Geng

why all batch file said my office is not supported version
    meanwhile in other laptop it works

FYI, i bought 2 new laptop and try your batch script

1. Kwong

Where do you download office program?

Uninstall all from control panel.

Top community click in, left hand side click in others.

You will find two post by me. Choose the version you wan’t to download. Activation method show at the end of the post, Enjoy.

8. Menelik Powell

Unfortunately i jumped the gun and used the batch edition and im scared of getting my system bricked is there a way to reverse this?

1. Kwong

This is the first time hear used the batch file will break your system.

It is safe to use. NO virus installed.

Enjoy