Legal way to use Office 365 totally FREE, without paying a dime

Posted by in Microsoft Software Products | Last updated on

In a previous post here, I have shown you guys how to download and install Office 365 Multilanguage using online installer downloaded directly from the Microsoft homepage. By default, the new installation includes a 30-day free trial license. After that, most important features will be disabled. It means your work will be discontinued unless you pay for Office 365 subscription. If you are in financial difficulties, this is so bad, I know. To help you overcome this problem, I recommend using KMS licene key to activate your Office. For those of you guys who don’t already know, KMS license is almost similar to the trial one. It is totally free, legal and is valid for 180 days only. But don’t worry about the period because it can be renewed easily.

Ok! The introduction is over. Now let’s get started!

Remove your current trial license

This step is optional if your trial license was expired. However, if it is still valid, you need to remove it. Because in some cases, after you activate your Office using KMS license, important features are resumed but the expiration notification still remains. Please follow instructions in this post to uninstall the trial license.

Make sure your computer is ready

You need to check your internet connection again and make sure that the Windows Update service is turned on. KMS license has to be verified by making a connection to my KMS server before it can be used. So you need to check if the KMS server is blocked or not. This is pretty simple. Just open your internet browser and try visitting this site: http://kms8.msguides.com. If it is visible, this means the server is not blocked.

Activating your Office 365 using KMS client key

Step 1: Copy the code below into new text document.

@echo off
title Activate Office 365 ProPlus for FREE - MSGuides.com&cls&echo ============================================================================&echo #Project: Activating Microsoft software products for FREE without software&echo ============================================================================&echo.&echo #Supported products: Office 365 ProPlus (x86-x64)&echo.&echo.&(if exist "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16")&(if exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" cd /d "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16")&(for /f %%x in ('dir /b ..\root\Licenses16\proplusvl_kms*.xrm-ms') do cscript ospp.vbs /inslic:"..\root\Licenses16\%%x" >nul)&(for /f %%x in ('dir /b ..\root\Licenses16\proplusvl_mak*.xrm-ms') do cscript ospp.vbs /inslic:"..\root\Licenses16\%%x" >nul)&echo.&echo ============================================================================&echo Activating your Office...&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ckms >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /setprt:1688 >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:WFG99 >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:DRTFM >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:BTDRB >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /inpkey:XQNVK-8JYDB-WJ9W3-YJ8YR-WFG99 >nul&set i=1
:server
if %i%==1 set KMS_Sev=kms7.MSGuides.com
if %i%==2 set KMS_Sev=kms8.MSGuides.com
if %i%==3 set KMS_Sev=kms9.MSGuides.com
if %i%==4 goto notsupported
cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /sethst:%KMS_Sev% >nul&echo ============================================================================&echo.&echo.
cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /act | find /i "successful" && (echo.&echo ============================================================================&echo.&echo #My official blog: MSGuides.com&echo.&echo #How it works: bit.ly/kms-server&echo.&echo #Please feel free to contact me at msguides.com@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.&echo.&echo #Please consider supporting this project: donate.msguides.com&echo #Your support is helping me keep my servers running everyday!&echo.&echo ============================================================================&choice /n /c YN /m "Would you like to visit my blog [Y,N]?" & if errorlevel 2 exit) || (echo The connection to my KMS server failed! Trying to connect to another one... & echo Please wait... & echo. & echo. & set /a i+=1 & goto server)
explorer "http://MSGuides.com"&goto halt
:notsupported
echo.&echo ============================================================================&echo Sorry! Your version is not supported.&echo Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/odt2k16
:halt
pause >nul

create a new text file

Step 2: Save it as a batch file. (eg. office365.cmd)

save this text file as a batch fileset this batch file name is "office365.cmd"

Step 3: Run the batch file with admin rights. (important!)

run the "office365.cmd" file with administrator rights

Done! Your Office is activated successfully.

product activation successful

Note:

– I only test this method with Office 365 ProPlus version. I am not sure it will work with the others.

– Step 3 is flagged “important” because the UAC system will stop this process if you don’t do it.

How to renew your Office 365 license

By default, your license will be renewed automaticaly every seven days but in some cases, it can be stuck. So you need to renew the license manually. Just follow instructions here.

For faster support, please visit here for troubleshooting. Need more help? Please email me at msguides.com@gmail.com

368 thoughts on “Legal way to use Office 365 totally FREE, without paying a dime

1. kWong

Windows 8.1 or under, install Office 365 will automatic update to Office 2016, use the above method to activate, will get new feature update like Office 365 as well.

1. kWong

1. nill

Activation success only run the KMS activation method with admin right online.
    what is the meaning of this line? can you describe more please?

2. Jayr

What can I do if it shows a message like this?

Sorry! Your version is not supported.
    Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/odt2k16

3. raj

============================================================================
    Sorry! Your version is not supported.
    Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/odt2k16

i cant do it..please help me

4. Jaw

Hello:
    I love your guides and tutorials. I want to ask you if this KMS activation can also work for 365 Home Premium and Business, and if it does, can you please provide us with a code for that. It is mind boggling to try to write the code myself and you are a pro. Thank you!

5. Jai

Getting the below error post running the command file. Please help
    The connection to my KMS server failed! Trying to connect to another one…
    Please wait…

6. vincent

Hi
    I followed your guide and uninstalled all microsoft office programs from my laptop. I also checked for any trial licenses using the command:
    cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /dstatus

I deleted all keys using the command:
    cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /unpkey:KKKEY

I downloaded “Office Deployment Tool from Microsoft homepage” to install 0ffice365proplus.
    This is the config.xml i used:

Office365 was succesfully installed. The version installed is: 16.0.11328.20368

My problem is that when I run the batch command for activating license key, I get the following message:

Sorry! Your version is not supported.
    Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/odt2k16

Please tell me what else I can do.
    Thanks

7. vincent

Hi
    cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /dstatus

I deleted all keys using the command:
    cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /unpkey:KKKEY

This is the config.xml i used:

Office365 was succesfully installed. The version installed is: 16.0.11328.20368

Sorry! Your version is not supported.
    Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/odt2k16

Please tell me what else I can do to activate it
    Thanks

8. vincent

Hi
    cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /dstatus

I deleted all keys using the command:
    cscript “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” /unpkey:KKKEY

This is the config.xml i used:

Office365 was succesfully installed. The version installed is: 16.0.11328.20368

Sorry! Your version is not supported.
    Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/odt2k16

Please tell me what else I can do

1. kWong

Make sure you have only one copy of office program in your pc, otherwise, even success in activation, only the not activate version app will pop up for activation.

Here get two page post, look for the right post method to activate.

Thanks

1. kWong

Top community click in.

Create a Question.

Mr. Guang or others will teach you how to download without give out any credit information etc.

9. Joseph

The script for activations is blocked in newest Office 365 Pro plus version.
    I used admin rights in office.cmd
    Could you check again? Thanks.

1. kWong

Top community, click in.

Create a question with activate fail picture attach.

Mr. Guang or others will try to help you to solve your activation fail problem.

2. The Programmer

Actually updating will work, but after using the script to activate, the error 30028-88 will show up when trying to do so.This error is not that office is corrupted but to scare people to use kms servers.
      The fix for now is to use office in trial mode if it is a clean install and forget about updates.
      If updates are not a priority then you can activate and never update.

I don’t know the actual cause of this problem, I guess this is it after myself experiencing issues and trying to understand the complexity of the issue.

I would not recommend to run the script now till a fix is found as it might create more issues, which I hope not and guess this is a bug with office and need to wait for Microsoft to debug it.

1. kWong

When you install office 365, it will also upgrade to office 2019 if you use Windows 10.

Use this post method to activate, will become Office 365 base Office 2019 version. That meant, you still can upgrade to future office program.

1. kWong

Office 365 one selling point is it can upgrade to Office 2019 or future Office program.

If you use this post method to activate, it will become Office 365 base Office 2019 version. That meant, you still can upgrade to future office program.

Enjoy.

10. 作者Guang Peng,你好。
    Hellow Guang Peng!
    在下是电脑方面的菜鸟,在看你的博客并实践的过程中遇到了一些问题,所以在此向您请教。
    I am a novice in computer, I have encountered some problems in the process of reading your blog and practicing, so I would like to consult you here.
    (我使用的版本是office365proplus)
    (the version I used was office365proplus.)
    在它第一次失败时,我尝试使用电脑自带的office恢复工具,恢复到原始状态;
    When it first failed, I tried to restore it to its original state by using the office recovery tool that came with the computer.
    在它第二次失败时,我使用你博客中的方法卸载了密钥,(尽管我不知道那时是否拥有密钥,我的感觉告诉我它没有,因为我打开时他总是让我激活);
    The second time it failed, I used the method in your blog to uninstall the key (although I don’t know if I had the key at the time, my senses tell me it didn’t, because it always asks me to activate it when I open it);
    在它第三次失败时,我使用微软的office卸载工具卸载了电脑中的office,并且重新下载了office365proplus版本,然而在运行cmd的时候它依旧失败了,总是提示让我下载新版本,作为小白,我实在找不到其他尝试的方法了,我不知道到底哪里出了错误,望您能赐教!
    When it failed for the third time, I use Microsoft office uninstall tool uninstall the office in a computer, and to download the office365proplus version, but it still failed, when run CMD always prompt let me download the new version, as the small white, I really can’t find other way to try, I don’t know what’s wrong with the exactly, hope you can grant instruction!

1. kWong

Top community, click in.

Create a question with activate fail picture attach.

Mr. Guang or others will try to help you to solve your activation fail problem.