Troubleshoot “connection to KMS server failed” error

Posted by in Computer Tips | Last updated on

I have received a lot of complaint emails saying that they could not activate their program after folowing instructions in my videos. The issues described here are related to an error message they got as below.

Sorry! Your version is not supported.

There are two main causes of this issue.

1. The cause of client
First of all, please make sure that Windows Update is enabled and your intenret connection is stable. To check if my KMS servers are blocked or not, please open your internet browser then try going to: http://kms8.msguides.com. If the page is visible, it means this server is not blocked.
One other point to note is that you need to run command prompt/batch file with admin rights.

make sure your ran batch file with administrator rights

Otherwise, the connection will be denied by UAC system.

2. The cause of server
Recently I need to do some experiments in the kms7 server so I changed the default KMS port (1688) to another one. And besides, I upgraded CPU and RAM memory on the kms8 server.
Because the number of daily clients is too big and still increasing over time, so the server can also be stuck at times. You can check and see if the server is overloaded or not here: http://status.msguides.com.

If you feel that your problem still hasn’t been fixed yet, just email me at msguides.com@gmail.com.

Troubleshoot “connection to KMS server failed” error
4.4 (17 votes)

For faster support, please visit here for troubleshooting. Need more help? Please email me at msguides.com@gmail.com

72 thoughts on “Troubleshoot “connection to KMS server failed” error

1. batchman

this batch file is activating OFFICE 2016 pro plus : if you have another version , change inpeykey
    XQNVK-8JYDB-WJ9W3-YJ8YR-WFG99 to your version……… Remember Run as admin
    ************
    @echo off
    title Activate Microsoft Office 2016
    cls
    (if exist “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” cd /d “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16”)
    (if exist “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs” cd /d “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16″)
    (for /f %%x in (‘dir /b ..\root\Licenses16\proplusvl_kms*.xrm-ms’) do cscript ospp.vbs /inslic:”..\root\Licenses16\%%x” >nul)
    (for /f %%x in (‘dir /b ..\root\Licenses16\proplusvl_mak*.xrm-ms’) do cscript ospp.vbs /inslic:”..\root\Licenses16\%%x” >nul)
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:WFG99 >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:DRTFM >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:BTDRB >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:CPQVG >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:WFG99 >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /inpkey:XQNVK-8JYDB-WJ9W3-YJ8YR-WFG99 >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /sethst:162.223.90.90 >nul
    cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /act >nul
    exit

2. barbara

Hello, I still can not activate Office 2016 by KMS.
    Trying to connect to another one… Please wait…
    Sorry! Your version is not supported

The server is not loaded

Please help . thank you

3. true

Hey not working with microsoft office 2019.
    “The connection to my KMS server failed! Trying to connect to another one… Please wait…
    Sorry! Your version is not supported.”

4. Jimmy

good job buddy, I had a boot loop this morning because I was redoing my brothers burner computer to fix 2 other computers, lol, and I’d lost the 1 click from this morning, so mistakes I made not saving it to desktop, that is so weird, it was saved in documents at first, and I had trouble with a couple of others, now I’m convinced it was just the desktop issue, it’s legit version but for linux, getintopc.com your welcome if you haven’t already discovered this yet.

5. multifix

hi there
    here is a batch file i just made it´s for win 10 Pro ONLY and it is GVLK key but you can change it
    ————————————————————————————————————————————————–@echo off
    color 1F
    mode 55,10
    title Windows 10 PRO activator
    echo ——————————————————-
    echo.
    echo Resetting the win10 product key.
    echo ——————————————————-
    slmgr //B /upk
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 6 > nul
    cls
    echo ——————————————————-
    echo.
    echo Now we remove it from the registry.
    echo ——————————————————-
    slmgr //B /cpky
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 6 > nul
    cls
    echo ——————————————————-
    echo.
    echo Now we install new product key.
    echo W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    echo ——————————————————-
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 6 > nul
    cscript //nologo c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX >nul
    set i=1
    if %i%==43 set KMS_Sev=58.173.212.51
    if %i%==44 set KMS_Sev=vhk.3322.org
    if %i%==45 set KMS_Sev=140.133.45.107
    if %i%==46 set KMS_Sev=noair.strangled.net:1688
    if %i%==47 exit
    cscript //nologo c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /skms %KMS_Sev% >nul
    cscript //nologo c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato | find /i “successfully”
    cls
    slmgr /xpr
    cls
    echo ——————————————————-
    echo now restarts PC.
    echo ——————————————————-
    echo Copyleft©multifix_ 2019
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 13 > nul
    pause
    shutdown.exe /r /t 00

6. Packal

Hello, I still can not activate Office 2016 by KMS. The server is not loaded, I have followed: https: //msguides.com/computer-tips/connection-kms-server-failed.html, but everything is ok. Please help .

7. LePrince17

Dear
    I have another error : sorry your version is not supported.
    Procedure is done accordingly
    How should I proceed?

8. Schef

Run it as Administrator, wait a minute or two (maybe you’ll see the error message, just let it work) and you’re done!
    Thnx.

1. LePrince17

I TRY IT BUT THE ERROR IS STILL THERE

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TESTS (access to url and run as admin) are done during procedure

1. blue

try to run it manually. THERE is a post here on how to activate it manually ( i had same problem , no kms server responded using cmd script; solved it by manually run ” slmgr /ato ” in cmd prompt – AS ADMIN )

1. blue

9. mahnoor azhar

I activated my windows 10 successfully but Is this activation is for life time or it just for few months ?
    kindly reply me back

10. Jim

Getting this message:

Sorry! Your version is not supported.”.

Not sure how to proceed?

1. blue

11. catherine

I used method 2 of activation after having problems with method 1, and it worked perfectly ! Thank you so very much ! Greatly appreciated !

12. catherine

This was put on my pc and worked for a few mths then stopped. It’s now not activated. I think it said expiring before it became inactive. Now it says cannot to organization’s activation server. I’ve tried putting in the key again with no luck. What do I do ?

13. UMMU BARI'AH BINTI RAMLI .

Hi, I still cant activate because it stated that ‘the connection to my KMS server failed’ and my version is not supported. I do check for the two links you mentioned above and still doesn’t work. Help 🙁

14. tetgtuu

I’m still getting this error:

Sorry! Your version is not supported.”
    I have followed all instructions including run cmd script as admin but fails!
    Please help.

15. Sean

This didn’t initially work for me.

I had remnants of old attempted installs of Microsoft office on my hard drive.

So i uninstalled everything and used IObit uninstaller powerful uninstall to get all the registry files…supposedly.

Then I did a fresh install of Microsoft office and ran the “clickonce” as administrator

It all worked…I didn’t have to sign in…don’t think you could use onedrive or sync to your phone or anything that had to connect outside the computer but I had a working copy of Office 16.

BUT…when I reboot something must have reset (SOMETHING called home?) because none of it worked. It wanted me to sign in.

I ran “clickonce” several times…not supported.

Turned off firewall and microsoft security essential…ran “click once” as admin…not supported.

If I delete everything (Microsoft Office) do a clean install, run clickonce, it works…until I reboot.

Anything I can do to keep this from phoning home or whatever it’s doing to reset itself…uninstalling and reinstalling everytime I shut down my computer really isn’t a feasible solution.

Thanks

16. Andrew Johns

I’m still getting this error:

Sorry! Your version is not supported.”

Please help.